Code of Conduct
Techno Trends (Pty) Ltd abides by the regulations on consumer affairs relating amongst others the complaints handling procedure and accurate consumer billing and charging as set out by the Botswana Communications Regulatory Authority (BOCRA).
General Dispute Resolution
In all disputes the parties shall attempt to resolve all disputes arising in a spirit of cooperation and with a problem-solving mind set, without formal proceedings and in accordance with the various dispute resolution procedures provided.
In the event of the dispute not being resolved, please follow the general complaint procedure as stipulated by BOCRA for all complaints except billing disputes:
You are required to direct a general complaint to email@example.com
The complaint is required to be accompanied by the following:
– Your full particulars and contact details including phone number and e-mail address.
– Your relationship to us and any customer reference which may be applicable including either account number or ticket reference number.
– A statement of the reasons for the complaint with enough detail to allow us to assess the validity of the complaint and resolve the issue if necessary.
– Any relevant evidence or documentation you wish to submit in support of your complaint.
Under the BOCRA Code of Conduct Regulations, we are required to:
– Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three working days.
– Determine an outcome for the complaint and communicate this to you within fourteen (14) working days.
Financial Dispute Resolution
– We will not disconnect the service of the consumer while investigating a legitimate dispute provided that you have paid the undisputed part of your bill and the disputed part of the bill appears to be logical and reasonable.
-We will reach a determination regarding the billing complaint and communicate it to you within fourteen (14) working days.
– We will communicate our finding to you and we require both you and ourselves to act in a reasonable manner thereafter.
– Provided the dispute is reasonable and logical and the undisputed portion has been paid, we will not charge penalties or interest on the outstanding portion of the account until the manner has been properly investigated by us and you informed of the outcome.
– We will ensure that you are informed well in advance about time for payment and the possibility of disconnection in the case of non-payment within a certain period before we disconnect you.
Referral of Complaints to BOCRA
If you are not happy about the outcome of the Complaint you have the right to escalate it to BOCRA. If BOCRA are not able to resolve the matter it may be referred to the BOCRA Complaints and Compliance Committee for adjudication.
Please note that under the BOCRA Code of Conduct Regulations you must give us an opportunity to resolve the matter within the 14 day period before you have the right to escalate your complaint to BOCRA.
BOCRA can be contacted in the following ways:
Telephone: +267 368 5000
Fax: +267 3957976
Website: BOCRA: www.bocra.org.bw
Any dispute, which cannot be so resolved, shall be subject to binding arbitration upon the written demand of either party. Arbitration shall take place in Botswana.
We undertake to resolve defective services or products in the following way:
– Through a first point of contact through our helpdesk contact +267 3912815.
– An escalation to our technicians.
– An escalation to an onsite visit.
– Replacement product or service.
– Provision of service credit